Saturday, August 18, 2007

Mixed Family



Here we are in our backyard in Gilbert, Az. We is my five month old baby Lily, my studmuffin husband CJW, and our dogs Meeklo (the little guy) and Mally (the giant gal). We are a pretty happy little family for the most part. The dogs have been starving for attention since the baby came into this world, but alas, if they could shower themselves and not get hair, dirt and drool all over the place, they would be more than welcome to hang out in the living room with the rest of us. Meeklo is a stray off the street. We think he is part chihuahua part pug. Who knows. My husband named him after a character in a very bad b-list movie that no one has ever heard of except for our friends because they all have to watch this movie to enter 'the inner circle'. Mally is a purebred English Mastiff. We paid a buttload of money for her. She is a sweet dog, but dang does she get dirty! She is gentle around the babe, but quite frankly, the thought of her drooling all over my child makes me gag the way Lily's diapers still make her daddy gag. Out of all of our 'babies', Mally is the only 'full breed'. Her name is kindakorean. 'Mal' means horse in Korean, which is why we named her what we did. Presently (in this picture) she is just barely half the size she will be when she's full-grown. She is literally eating us straight into the poor house.

My hubby's name is Chris and he is 100% 'White'. He's got some Irish, Scottish, maybesomethinelse blood in him. Though I may not know his exact genealogical makeup, I do know that he is the best husband a girl could ask for, and he has made my life so much more than I ever thought I wanted. He is amazing, and there is never a dull moment with the lad. We ironically met in Korea a number of years ago. He was a Marine doing Embassy duty, and I was in Korea trying to 'find my roots' (who woulda thunk my roots were a native Arizonite??!? My parents were very displeased at first but have since gotten over it. Long story. Maybe I will share it some day.) He is now proudly serving as a police officer here in the desert. He loves his job which is a blessing for everyone (except them bad guys).

As for me, I am 100% 'Yellow' (and very politically incorrect.) I have black hair and football shaped eyes. I am Korean. I was born there, but then moved over to the Great White Freezing North (or whatever Americans tend to call Canada) which is where I grew up. Most of my friends in Canada are still single (as in not married) and working. Some friends are in their mid-twenties, some are in their early thirties. But Arizona is like some alternate universe where people get married straight outta college, if not high school, and have kids in their early 20s. I got married here in Arizona at 24 and birthed my beautiful giant baby at 26. Boy did I feel old when I first moved here. But I'm not old! I'm still but a child occassionally (ok, more often than not). So now I have joined the epidemic in America of 'babies having babies'.

No comments: