Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Push Presents

I realize this is the calm before the storm- but what a calm this is! Topher is chillin in his bassinet/crib here beside me. Chris is out playing basketball with his buddies. Lily is hanging out with her Grandpa Wes, Aunt Bre, and Cousin Gabe. And I am on the computer acting like a person who doesn't have two kids under the age of 1 and a half! I am enjoying this calm by writing again. But there will come a time when I will probably never get to see the computer ever again...

I updated my profile a little. It used to say that I was a 'Pregnant Bookkeeper', but as we all know- I am no longer pregnant and hopefully will not be for an undetermined length of time! And my profile also used to say that I was a 26, which I am not. I know there isn't a huge difference between 26 and 27, but I definitely feel like I am on the butt-end of my twenties!

Topher just farted. So cute! Every sound that Topher emits is one that puts a gigantic smile on my face, as well as Chris'. Actually, the same goes with Lily. Today Lily started diong this crazy thing where she was pretending to be a lizard and sticking out her tongue at everything. It was so darn cute! And she doesn't know what a lizard is, so she wasn't really pretending to be one, but it was still so cute! Anyway, watching new life discover life is so incredible to witness. Finding their voice, their hands, crap under the couch and putting it in their mouths... all so special. And, it is so great being able to experience this with my husband who is thoroughly enjoying not working (and growing a beard all the while). I know I am so blessed that Chris has the job that he has, that he is able to be home for three full weeks.

So, I mentioned before that Chris DOES NOT SHOP. This morning, he very non-chalantly said he was going to go to the supermarket to pick up milk, as if it was something he always did. He took Lily with him of course, cause those two are literally joined at the hip now, and he managed to get her to fall asleep on the way to the market, stay asleep while shopping, and to stay asleep for an extra 30 minutes when they got home. Then I went to work for two hours today with Topher, and Chris went shopping AGAIN. Only this time he went to get a car seat for Lily. We already have a front-facing car seat for the Lilster, but he wanted one that we can put in and take out of our car, and other people's cars if they were to take Lily anywhere- like Chris' dad for example, who takes Lily every Tuesday night while we have Bible Study, even during tax season. (Wes is a great grandpa and a great dad-in-law. I scored so big marrying Chris Watson!)

Anyhoo, Chris went out today and got Lily a cute little pink seat, and he also got me my 'Push Present'. What is a 'Push Present'? It might have another name, I just read that one in a magazine a few years ago, but anyway it is the present a husband gives his wife for having his baby. I am ALL ABOUT 'Push Presents' and I tell all of my pregnant friends' husbands to get their wives presents for having their babies. 9 times out of 10 the guy will say 'But she's having my baby, that's present enough.' And then I punch them. If I were as diligent about spreading the message of the Good News as I am about the 'Push Present', there would be more souls going to heaven... something to think about...

Anyhow, right before we went to the hospital to have Lily, Chris surprised me with my 'Push Present' cause he didn't want to bring it all the way to the hospital only to have to bring it back home again. He got me a set of the 'Lilly the mouse' books. So cute, so sweet, so thoughtful. It occured to me that he hadn't gotten me anything for Topher's arrival, but I figured it was cause he was so early; although the thought also crossed my mind that he might not get me anything, and I was ok with that too. But then Chris actually brought it up the other day ago and said he was going to get me one thing, but it wasn't going to work out, so he was stuck. So I just flat out told him that I would really like it if he got me a piece of jewelery. He was surprised that that's what I wanted, but glad that I said something. And I am glad too cause today he presented me with a homemade card, a beautiful necklace with an Aquamarine (the birthstone for March, which works out great cause both our kids were born in March!) charm on it, and a digital camera (cause our other one broke.) Perfect.

So that's what a Push Present is, and if you know anyone who is pregnant- tell their husband to get something sweet and meaningful for their wife. Though they can't possibly match the priceless gift of life that their wife is bringing into the world- it doesn't mean they shouldn't at least try.

No comments: