Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Still Kinda Ignorant, Still Pretty Blissful

Man, I do not know why I didn't turn that danged monitor off sooner! So Friday, Saturday and Sunday night were all AMAZING. Woke up at about 8am everyday. Thanks Tophy!!!! And even Lily got in on the whole sleeping-in-thing! It was pretty incredible. This morning I woke up at 6:30 and heard Topher crying through the walls. I left him for 30 minutes, hoping and praying that he would still just fall back asleep, but it didn't happen. So I got him at 7am, fed him, and bit the bullet and just started off the day, a little cranky, a little tired, but still thankful for the 3 nights of amazing sleep I had this week!
For those of you who have little ones here is some advice from my doctor-
If you start this process of making them cry through the night with no food, and no holding, they will get it in about 2 days if they are 4 to 5 months old. (check with your doctor before you take any real advice from me. I only have a b.a., and it's only in English Lit. I am barely authorized to read stories to my children at night.) If you do this when your baby is 9 months old (welcome to my club) your child will take about a week and a half to learn this amazing skill called 'sleeping through the night'. And if you wait till your child is over a year old, it could take up to a month. Yikes.
I know I gave up in the middle of trying to make Topher sleep on his own, when I was doing it on my own, but the whole no-monitor-thing is your best bet. Good luck and good nights to all!

No comments: