Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Canada

today is columbus day here in the great u.s. of a. it is thanksgiving in canada. and it is my oldest brother's 30th birthday all over the world. though he is celebrating this momentous milestone birthday at home with a bunch of turkeys (read:my younger brothers and yummy turkey) in toronto.
i just wanted to wish my fellow canadians out there a happy thanksgiving. thanksgiving in canada is celebrated on the 2nd monday of october. it is a celebration to mark the end of the harvest season. something like that. and happy columbus day to my american friends and family. this day commemorates christopher columbus' arrival in america in 1492.
there's a little trivia for all y'alls.
i really feel like eating turkey today, but i do not feel like making one. but in my heart i am celebrating this holiday with canada and find myself overflowing with thanks for lots and lots of great things and people in my life. have a great october 12th folks, no matter what you may be celebrating today.

No comments: