Saturday, October 18, 2008

Jinxed

I am a Christian. I believe in Jesus and that He came and died for our sins. I know that things happen for a reason (for His glory) and that superstition and all that is counter-thought to my religious beliefs. HOWEVER, I am superstitous by accident, as I believe lots of people tend to be without realizing it. This 'accident' occurs most frequently during the months of November and April. That's right- the regular season of the NBA. Things only get worse if we (The Suns) make it into the post-season.
Anyhoo, as of late, my superstition has been kicked into full swing because of my kids. About a week or two ago, Lily really seemed to turn the corner with her crying/tantrums. She was a positive angel! I even dropped her off at the nursery at chuch and she did not cry! She always stops crying within about five minutes of my dropping her off, but I always feel so bad for the ladies at church when I drop her off and she just bursts into tears as they tear her off of me. But last week she was a totally different girl. It was amazing. She also went down for her naps with a smile. So glorious. Then I had the audacity to mention it to my sister. I think my exact words were: "I think Lily is growing up. I hope those were her terrible twos and now they are over." Next day- lots of tears, especially before her nap, and even before bed at night. BOO for bragging.
Then last night Chris and I were doing our nightly devotional. It talked about the Proverbs 31 woman and how she does it all, but how she also needs help from her spouse in the midst of child rearing, home cleaning, etc. Chris was asking how he could help out more (good boy!) I told him that things have been so great lately because I have been getting more sleep. Lily had been sleeping for about 12 to 13 hours a night, and Topher was only getting up at about 4 or 5, and still going back down easily till about 8. Not bad at all! And as certain as death and taxes, Topher woke up at 1:30, then 5:30, and would NOT go back to sleep. Which means I did not go back to sleep.
So am I jinxed? Is this all random coincidence? Or should I just stop bragging about my kids and let others brag about them first. I believe there's something about that in the Bible. I better go look it up. And then maybe squeeze in a nap or two...

No comments: