Friday, February 27, 2009

Like the Sahara...

It's official. I am no longer a breastfeeding mother. I guess you can say it was 'official' a week ago, but I just haven't really had a chance to write in a while! I now have the difficult task of learning 'portion control.' While I was pregnant- I ate. A lot. And while I was breasfeeding- I ate. A lot. Then I was pregnant again- and you guessed it- I ate. A lot. And then I was breasfeeding again, so I ate. More than ever before! I was out eating men who were double my weight. It was embarrassing. For everyone.

And now, I am all done with that pregnancy/breastfeeding business. At least for now. I am trying to remind myself that though I am able to eat a bowl of ice cream before bed every night, it doesn't mean it's good for me. I have started drinking about a million cups of coffee everyday- just cause I can. But again, it's probably not that good for me. Or my teeth. But a little coffee newsflash- did you know that a cup of coffee at Krispy Kreme is $0.25? Everyday. I've been there a time or two...

Anyway, though I hated breastfeeding in the beginning, I was really enjoying it at the end- mostly cause that was my special, quiet, alone time with Topher. I still have special, quiet, alone time with Topher for about five minutes every night while I rock him and pray with him before he goes to bed. But it's not the same thing.

For you ladies out there who are breastfeeding, or about to embark on the amazing journey of breastfeeding- enjoy it while it lasts! Sure it's annoying when you have to find a remote place to feed your baby while everyone hams it up in the living room. Sure it's superannoying not really being able to wear light coloured shirts for fear of having two wet spots appear on your shirt making you look like a dear in the headlights x 2. But holding your baby and feeding him, and being the only one who is able to give her the best available food out there (whilst saving MILLIONS of $$$ on formula) is pretty priceless.

No comments: