Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ode To CJW. Part III

On Tuesday morning, Chris, Lily, Topher, Mally and I went for a drive down to Queen Creek to see our friends- the Vogts. The reason we were all going over there was to bring Mally to her new home. For those of you who don't know much about Mally, here are a couple stats about her: she is an English Mastiff. She is going to be 3 years old (human years. I don't at all understand what the heck is up with dog years) in March. She weighs about 130-150 lbs. And she should max out at 180 lbs in a few short years. Though we love her, she is a SWEET dog, we were not the best owners for her. The Vogts actually had an English Masiff that died of old age last year, so they knew exactly what they were getting into, and were excited about it!

It had rained a bit earlier in the morning, but Mally was invited into the house wet paws and all. She followed Chris and Jeff all around the house, and she just looked happy. We all sat in the living room for a bit, and Mally just flopped down and started burrowing her face into the plush carpet. She looked like she was in heaven.

While we were driving home, I had so many thoughts running through my mind. I didn't want to patronize my tough husband with questions about hs feelings. I had already told him before that I was proud of him for having made the hard decision to give away his beloved pup. I wasn't too sure what to say or do. And then Sarah MacLaughlin showed up. "I will remember you" came flooding over the airwaves and Chris said: "This is my song for Mally!" And with that he turned up the volume, and took my hand in his, and we drove on home.

Dear readers- I love my husband. I just love him so much I feel like I am going to bust at the seams. Everyday is so amazing because I get to hang out with him, and watch him be the cutest dad to our babies, be the best uncle to Sungu, be a great brother-in-law to Jeehon, be an awesome friend to his many many friends, and be a hard-working and surprisingly chipper police officer. I don't know how he does it all, but he does, and he really does it all so well! There is so much hilarity, goodness, sweetness and wonderfulness packed into this one man that it had no choice but to spill over into Lily and Topher. I am one blessed woman, and I just want to say it one more time- I love you Chris Watson!

No comments: