Friday, January 21, 2011

happy birthday to me

today is my birthday. though according to my sweet mother, it was yesterday. cause she called me excitedly yesterday and said: "happy birthday!" poor old lady. i love her. even though she is crazy.

so wednesday i started feeling like i was coming down with something. nausea, body aches, etc. it was wretched. i don't normally party hardy for my birthday, but this one is the big 3-0 and chris made plans for us. so i went to small group with my high school girls, was in bed by 9:30, and woke up on thursday feeling so much better, and i was excited for my birthday on friday. but as the sick gods would have it, someone had to be sick on my birthday!

the lot fell on my poor, unsuspecting lily. well, not so much on lily, more on her left eye. conjunctivitis. poor thing. i'm going to blame it on pre-school, but who really knows. so plans were cancelled, or postponed (i hope! unless conjunctivitis rears it's ugly head again!) and the day continued with many many moments of wonderfulness.

my beautiful husband took the day off to hang out with me. he showered me with gifts of a Tassimo, one of those wonderful machines that makes a plethora of hot drinks (i love me some hot drinks!!!) and a Cricut machine, so i can grow in craftiness!!!! the kids sang happy birthday to me a few times and presented me with an incredible homemade card. we ate some free food (thank you Joe!) and had an impromptu laying-out-in-the-sun-on-blankets-reading-books-looking-at-airplanes session.
i love love love love love my family.

today was so indicative of my life- not at all how i planned it, but so so so much better than i could have imagined. so here goes nothing, i didn't think i would ever look forward to 30, but maybe it'll be my best decade yet- and i have to say my 20s were pretty incredible!

(ps. just in case you were wondering, i don't actually believe in 'sick gods'.)

1 comment:

Jono and Janice said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you got to have a good day - Jihae style! Lots of love from snow-whelmed Ontario!