Friday, August 26, 2011

eat. sleep. repeat.

apparently i am not in my third trimester yet (i'm at week 27. i don't actually know when the third trimester starts!) but i have no second-trimester energy or pep left to speak of. my kids are awesome and they let their tired mama nap for at least 10-30minutes everyday.

life has calmed down since our houseguests left. having four toddlers in the house for the summer has truly helped me to appreciate my two. there are still moments when i want to punch myself in the face, cause they are still 3 and 4 after all- complete with tantrums, attitudes, and needs. but they are my 3 and 4 year olds and i love love love love love them!!!!!!

of late, i have been feeling contemplative... nostalgic... i don't know what word i am looking for. but i have been starring at my kids in an almost-stalkerish kind of way. i do it cause they're beautiful- stunningly beautiful- their doe eyes, perfect mouths, button noses. i also do it cause i am so curious as to what our third child might look like! but i only do it when the kids let me, which is not often, cause i think they are starting to get creeped out by me.

when i hold them, one in each arm, i wonder who is going to get ousted when baby 3 comes out. but let's be real, lily's probably going to do most of the caring for her little sister. she's been 'changing her dolls' diapers' lately, and even rolls the 'dirty' one up when she is done with it. so hilarious. i can't believe how big my little girl is getting! complete with her beautifully chic layered hair cut ;)

i am feeling lots of things these days- discomfort, perpetual hunger, bouts of narcolepsy, and eternal gratitude. i am so blessed. thanks for my family Jesus!

some recent pics of my beautiful crazy kids:
(the one of lily in the rocking chair is my favorite because she is wearing socks with a bathing suit, and holding 'renew my heart' a devotional that she was pretending to read before i took the shot.)



1 comment:

Lainey said...

I was just thinking that I haven't seen them in their bathing suits lately. I was worried that they got ousted by costumes :)