Wednesday, August 3, 2011

week 24. or something like that

it's been awhile since i wrote anythnig about being pregnant, so here it is.

i'm 24 weeks along. or maybe just 23. i'm not sure. sorry third child- i don't love you less than lily just because i followed her through every week of her pregnancy. i had no idea what was going on during your brother's pregnancy either if that's any consolation to you little one. i don't shower often or hardly ever know what day of the week it is either. it's not you baby- it's me.

so a baby at week 24 is about the size of a corn on the cob and weighs about a pound. and my uterus is the size of a soccer ball. yup, that all sounds right. i feel the baby kicking and punching in two very different spots at the same time, and i used to worry that there was more than one watson living in my womb. i guess i didn't realize how big the little one has gotten! and i definitely look like i stole a soccer ball and put it up my shirt. remind me to stay away from sporting good stores till i give birth.

even though i look like i am stealing a soccer ball, it feels like i ate a bunch of weights, and those weights start taking a serious tole on my butt and crotch. sorry male readers. you can stop reading now if you'd like. but seriously, i feel like my stomach is going to fall through my crotch, or my spine is gonna pierce through my backside. maybe i should start wearing a jock strap, though for reasons other than why guys wear jock straps. but apparently all this pain and discomfort is normal for being pregnant with your third child, and gets worse the more kids you decide to have. that piece of information is the only kind of birth control i will need after giving birth to this watson. i am looking into getting adorable matching twin beds for my husband and i when all is said and done ;) anyway, to end off my list of body pain and complaints- my feet hurt when i am standing on tile for too long- you know- pregnant and barefoot and all, and my general stamina for walking around is not worthy of being called stamina at all. the end.

otherwise, i am feeling very blessed to be carrying around this little monster in my womb and cannot wait to meet him/her in november. here is the baby's face from our last ultrasound 3 weeks ago. it looks like a robot/skeletor. i haven't shown it to the kids for fear that they might think their sibling is going to come out looking like something out of a bad sci-fi movie:

No comments: