Saturday, March 2, 2013

ergo

ergo. not argo. i haven't seen that movie yet, and let's be real- it's not a romantic comedy so i probably won't watch it unless chris decides he wants to watch it one day when it shows up as an option in a redbox.

anyway, this morning, i was reading mark chapter 6 and i was struck with many crazy verses and some thoughts (which at 6:30am, doesn't normally happen.)

the first one was this: "And he could do no mighty works there, except that he laid his hands on a few sick people and healed them. And he marveled because of their unbelief." (6:5-6a. ESV)

but the first time i read it, i read it in the NLT and it said "And because of their unbelief, he couldn't do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their unbelief."

chapter 6 of mark should be called 'a few miracles dispite unbelief' whereas the chapter before would then be called 'much faith = many miracles!'. chapter 5 has the story of Jesus raising the little girl from the dead, but while on his way to raise her, the bleeding lady touches him and is healed:

"And he said to her, daughter, your faith (your trust and confidence in me, springing from faith in God) has restored you to health. Go in (into) peace and be continually healed and freed from your (distressing bodily) disease." (5:34 Amplified)

it's amazing what faith can do, ergo the opposite is true too- it's amazing what a lack of faith won't allow the Lord to do. God is all powerful, i absolutely believe this. but how often do we prevent the Lord from being Master of our lives and our situations- no matter how big or small? i often see the Lord at work in my life- especially when he saves me from impending doom from my bad choices, but how many times have i missed what he has done? especially when things are going well.

in this lenten season, i am feeling so refreshed because of my early morning times with the Lord. i haven't done this in... my whole career as a mother?... i don't know. a long time. i make all these excuses of being too tired, but it's better to sleep less and have the Lord guiding my day as opposed to sleeping  plenty and being solely in charge of mine, and my 3 kids', days.

my days haven't magically gotten better or easier. i have raised my voice and lost my temper. but i've done it LESS! and each morning gives me more hope and wisdom for the day. as i said in my first post of the year- but am finally puting into practice is more of Him ergo less of me.

No comments: