Tuesday, March 26, 2013

twice and done

I've been looking at my progress this year, in terms of blogging, and it's sad. I am averaging two posts a month. just two. it's not like things aren't happening. things are HAPPENING. too fast perhaps. but that's why I blog- to catch some of the action before it fades into a distant memory.

my precious and ridiculous Lily turned 6 last week. two hands people. fortunately not two full hands. but two hands nonetheless, as my friend Cindy pointed out to me earlier today. and then my sweet boy Topher is turning 5 tomorrow. man, march is so busy. and to boot, we are going to celebrate tomorrow by going to watch The Croons with Topher's birthday twin- Barb. it's gonna be a great day. it's gonna be a busy day. but it's gonna be a busy day.

so, I should probably get some sleep cause it's already almost midnight, but I wanted to check in and let you know (grandpa, grandma, steph, michelle) that we are still alive!

we went to Monterey last week to visit the malloys and had such an incredibly incredible time. that's a whole post on it's own. then I have to remind myself of what we did for lily's b-day in another post. and then I will have to post about topher's half-decade celebration. AND I am reading a book and I am almost finished and it is altering my brain, so that is something I should share, cause it's not often that I read so I really need to chronicle those momentous occasions as well. all in due time.

hope you are all doing great and getting ready to celebrate the magnificence of Easter.

from my morning devotion yesterday:

"Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down.
And we thought his troubles were  a punishment from God, a punishment for his own sins!
But he was pierced for our rebeliion, crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole.
He was whipped so we could be healed."
Isaiah 53:4-5 nlt

No comments: