Thursday, May 26, 2011

crossing the line

something happened the other day ago that has never happened before.

this is the third child i am carrying at present. the third of chris watson's flock. and he did something that he has never done before. he didn't think before he did it, and i don't think he was thinking when he did it. but he did it, and it can't be undone.

what is this heinous crime that my otherwise wonderful and perfect husband committed?

he came home from work, put his lunch cooler and water cup down on the counter, came over, gave me a kiss, poked me in the belly, and then went to find the kids to give them hugs and kisses.

yeah people, he poked me in the stomach. like i was the pilsburry dough boy! can you believe that? sure, my belly is protruding and almost asking to be poked. but just cause it's asking for a poke, doesn't mean you should poke it!

i do not care when people touch my stomach. it doesn't really bother me. i actually am a stomach toucher myself. i think baby bumps are beautiful and adorable. but poking a baby bump? never! unheard of!

so, if you see me around, you can touch my stomach. as long as i know who you are. but if you feel so inclined as to poke my belly, please be aware that i will probably be so inclined to punch you in the face. yes dear husband, i am talking to you! ;)

No comments: